After a long day of traveling or a day at the gym, you probably feel hot, sweaty, and odorous. When you place your moist clothes and towel inside your duffel bag, that grossness can end up stuck inside. It’s enough to make you feel incredibly humiliated by how you smell.
But there is still hope! Your gym and travel duffle bags can smell as sweet as daisies with the correct cleaning procedure and a few time-tested tricks.
As we are going to talk about how to clean duffel bags with wheels in this content copy. So, there is a dire need to understand what duffel bags are and what they are used for…
A large bag constructed of a soft, flexible material like canvas or leather is called a duffel, sometimes known as a duffle or kit bag. The bag is normally roomy enough to fit everything you need to carry and will either zip closed or cinch tight with the use of drawstrings.
They are used to carry your valuables on road trips, gym, air travel, military, sports & dance, camping, swimming, and laundry.
Are Duffel Bags Washable?
Yes, they are easily washable. You can wash them in a machine or by hand. But the important thing is that the use of harsh chemicals or detergent is strictly prohibited in their washing because they can damage the quality of Duffel bags.
Washing Duffel Bags Can Be A Daunting Task Though
You should always carry a duffel bag with you. It’s a fantastic way to pack your trip by storing clothes and other items. However, if you don’t know how to clean duffel bags properly, it can be challenging.
Cleaning the wheels of your duffel bag is an excellent method to keep the interior looking new. A moist cloth or sponge, dish soap, and water are all you need. If you don’t have any cleaners at home, most stores also sell them.
Now, let’s take a closer look at how these bags can be cleaned.
Cleaning Tips For Your Duffel Bag With Wheels
If you have the time, you should carefully clean duffel bags with wheels. You may complete this task in your bathtub by using a scrub brush, lots of cool water, some detergent, and your hands.
But two ways are found to be effective in cleaning Duffel bags with wheels.
Handwashing Of A Bag
For handwashing the Duffel bag with wheels following guidelines must be followed:
- Place your bare duffel bag in the shower. Don’t fill it with water!
- Add 1/4 ounce of mild detergent and cool water to another bucket.
- After dipping your bag in the bucket, scrub the exterior of the bag thoroughly.
- To gently rinse the suds away, use the showerhead.
- Remove the bag from the tub, either to dry outside or on a clean towel. It can take up to an hour for it to dry completely.
- If the bag has any dirt or debris, use a lint roller or a handheld vacuum to get rid of it. Don’t overlook the interiors of the pockets!
- Use antibacterial wipes to clean the bag’s interior. To clean the wheels, spin a toothbrush with some detergent.
- If there are any exceptionally tough stains on the exterior of the bag, apply a stain remover to treat them if necessary.
- To allow the bag to completely dry, hang it up.
Tip: Washing Of Duffel Bag With Dirt & Grease On The Wheels
In order to prevent a duffle bag’s wheels from becoming covered in mud and grease, it is crucial to clean them. The wheels can be cleaned most effectively with a cloth or towel dipped in water and soap. For this, a small amount of dish soap diluted in cold water can be used. After cleaning the unclean area of the wheel with the cloth, rinse it with water.
The wheels of your duffel bag need to be dried off next. For this, you can use a towel or paper towels. By doing this, you will stop any water from entering your suitcase and damaging the items within.
Great news! Duffel bags are made up of safe materials like nylon or polyester that are suitable for machine wash. Just put your bag in a pillowcase before washing to stop the buckles and zippers from catching. Furthermore, a soft cycle with warm water and mild detergent is a wonderful choice.
The guidelines for washing a duffel bag with wheels in a machine are as follows:
- A Duffel bag should be turned inside out before washing.
- Bleach should be avoided because it could stain your duffel bag during the cycle.
- Put your duffle in the washer with a load of towels or blankets. Duffel bags might damage delicate goods because of their weight.
- After the rinse cycle, reshape your duffel bag and let it air dry.
This is a quick way to clean duffel bags, but it’s important to make sure the material can be machine-washed. Check the care tag before continuing. If you’re uncertain, you can always hand wash your duffel!
Types Of Duffel Bags That Can Be Washed Easily
You are probably thinking about what types of duffel bags can be washed easily. So, here is the list of a few fabrics of a duffel bag that can be washed easily:
As long as your duffel bags are made up of these materials, you can easily wash them at home without the fear of any damage inside and outside.
The Duffel bags are made up of rough and tough materials that can absorb dirt and get stinky. So, why pay for an expensive laundry wash or buy counter products, when all you need are just steps to follow, so buckle up yourself to clean these bags at home!